Wavelink Telnet questions

// Expert user has replied.
R Roland Rozsa 3 years 5 months ago
4 1 0

Hi Team,
We are are configuring MC9090-G WM5 with Wavelink Telnet and customer had some questions:

1.       Can we disable the touch screen functionality on the device? If yes, how can we do it?

2.       The Windows Start menu always appears on the top of the screen. Can we start Wavelink TE in full screen mode? We tried it in Appcenter, but Appcenter WM doesn’t give possibility to hide the window title.

3.       In Wavelink TE we can show the battery status if it’s low. Can we modify what level of battery status to appear of the battery icon in Wavelink TE?

Thanks Roland

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

I Ian Jobson

1.       Can we disable the touch screen functionality on the device? If yes, how can we do it? - You will need to do this through the registry I don't think you can do it through Wavelink. Someone else will probably be able to supply the reg key. - One question though, why do they want the touch screen disabled? You can lock down the device with AppCenter and then auto launch and lock down the Wavelink session so that users can't exit out without the appropriate password. Disabling the touchscreen will just make trouble-shooting awkward

2.       The Windows Start menu always appears on the top of the screen. Can we start Wavelink TE in full screen mode? We tried it in Appcenter, but Appcenter WM doesn’t give possibility to hide the window title. - Yes, in the Wavelink configurator, go into Emulation Parameters > Emulation > Display > Start Menu and set it to Hide Start Menu. You can also then hide the Wavelink menu bar as well to grab some more realestate. Emulation Parameters > Emulation > Display > Hide Menu and set it to Yes. I would recommend setting a Menu Toggle Key as well though so you can bring up the menu if you need it. I normally set it to CTRL and M as its nice and easy to remember. You will need to enter this as in the Menu Toggle Key setting.

3.       In Wavelink TE we can show the battery status if it’s low. Can we modify what level of battery status to appear of the battery icon in Wavelink TE? - I'm not sure you can specify the threshold in Wavelink but you can set the battery status to appear on the screen at all times which is probably more appropriate.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?